Virginia Wiedower is currently a member of the Visibility Team at Carriage Trade PR agency.
She is also the Public Relations coordinator for The Matthew Freeman Project, a non-profit organization aiming to raise funds and awareness for Gold Star Families. The Matthew Freeman Project has recently started ‘Matthew Bears’; this part of The Matthew Freeman Project makes bears for Gold Star Families out of the uniforms of the military family member that was killed, free of charge to the families.
Wiedower graduated from Coastline Community College in 2012 with an Associates Degree in Communications. Wiedower graduated from Richmond Hill High School in 2007 with honors for Beta Club, Student Council, and National Honors Society as well as receiving the Citizenship Award.
Q and A:
1. Favorite Book—Jane Eyre
2. Quote—Romans 8:28 “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”
3. Pets—2 cats: Severn and Ogeechee
4. Places I’ve lived: Virginia Beach, VA (born), Richmond Hill, GA (grew up), Pensacola, FL, Meridian, MS, New Bern, NC
5. Colleges attended—Georgia College and State University, The United States Naval Academy, Armstrong Atlantic State University, Pensacola State College, Coastline Community College
6. If I could spend a day with anyone, dead or alive—my brother, Matthew, who was killed in Afghanistan in 2009
7. Favorite Movie—It’s a Wonderful Life, and The Harry Potter Series (our house is a huge HP fan!)
8. Creative Outlet—cooking, sewing, organizing!
9. Dream Vacation: A Mediterranean Cruise
10. Children: A 2 year old boy, Matthew, and a little girl due in December